Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 93 - Dubai Mall, Dubai

    October 10, 2023 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ ☀️ 38 °C

    Today was an even more much needed sleep in, in an amazing king size bed with a room that has blackout curtains. Our room faced the 14 lane highway with the views towards Downtown Dubai buildings but there was minimal noise considering the 14 lane highway!

    We walked over to the Dubai Mall, which features over 1,200 retail stores, two major department stores and hundreds of food and beverage outlets, Dubai Mall covers more than 1 million sqm – an area equivalent to 200 football pitches.

    We stopped of first at the Dubai Aquarium and Underwater Zoo, we saw all the fish, sharks, otters, penguins and Turtles they had. We had an experience of seeing three otters and patting their hands when they pushed them through little holes for us. We also go to feed the otters!
    We continues on afterwards to see behind the scenes of the penguins and see the crocodiles. We ventured down stairs to the Worlds largest suspended tank in the mall. This is where we could walk through a glass tunnel admiring 33,000 different aquatic animals in the 10 million litre tank.

    We grabbed some lunch at one of the many food courts and looked around at the many shops.
    At 6:30pm we headed out side to see the Dubai Fountain show that goes off every half n hour from 6pm.

    We are at Jamie Oliver’s resturant at the mall, we had a garlic bread loaf and a pizza.
    We slowly made our way back to the Accomadation after watch the Dubai fountain show again after dinner.
    Read more