Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    TODAY'S THE DAY!

    July 13, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 16 °C

    TODAY'S THE DAY!!! Hope and I are en route to our first stop: Kathmandu, Nepal of our 6 week adventure around Asia!!!

    The aim is to write a blog entry every day of our trip to keep up to date with everything that we get up to. Though I'm sure today's is going to start off pretty boring as we are just traveling (apologies!). Please excuse the bad punctuation, grammar, spelling mistakes etc etc as most of these will be written on planes, trains, when I'm half asleep, drunk, or very hungover haha. So, apologies!

    It's currently 22.05 pm and Hope and I are en route to Muscat, Oman, flying with Oman Airways for our change over flight before heading to Kathmandu, Nepal. We are volunteering in Nepal until the 28th July, for the charity: VIN (Volunteering Initiative Nepal) and will be working for Women's Trafficking prevention. We will be staying with a host family for our time in Nepal, learning all about the Nepalese culture and eating Nepalese food every day. Luckily, Hope and I are with the same host family (we feared we wouldn't be). After Nepal, we are heading to Kuala Lumpar, Malaysia for 3 nights, followed by Bali, Indonesia for 10 nights, Borneo, Malaysia for 7, and finishing with the Philippines for 10 nights before heading home on the 30th August. We are so excited!!!!

    We've been flying for approximately one hour (after a fifteen minute delay) and luckily, so far so good. We've both got La La land playing (But Hope is about ready to drop off as she is very hungover and tired) and we have 2 glasses of wine at the ready (probably 2 of the only people drinking on an Oman Airways plane haha). The flight is 6 hours 15 minutes so we're due to land in Muscat at 7.15 am their time (3.15 am UK time) and have a 1 hour 20 minute wait before our 8.35 am flight to Nepal, also with Oman Airways. It's the first time that either of us have used Oman Airways, but they seem okay!

    We are only starting our journey, yet the day has already seemed pretty long. Hope arrived at my house at 12 ish, and mum took us to the train station at half 1, ready for our 2.30 pm train (to arrive with plenty of time to avoid my usual lateness!). We got a one hour train to Sheffield, and changed over to get the train to Manchester airport. The first train was fine, Hope had a nap and I familiarised myself with how to use a GoPro (I haven't used one since Jonny and I used mine travelling). We arrived at Terminal 2, Manchester airport at 17.30 so were extremely early for our 20.45 flight. We checked in, went through security, and grabbed some food at Frankie and Bennys. I'd love to say the food was great, but both Hope's fish and chips, and my goats cheese wrap were pretty average (especially considering it cost £40!!) however, the sex on the beach pitcher made up for it slightly. After food, we got a pimms at a bar further down, and headed to gate 208 at 20.15. Which almost brings us to present. The take off and first 20 minutes were a little bumpy, but the pilot did warn of turbulence. However, luckily now it's okay (I hope I'm not talking too soon!)

    Anyway, it's getting late and food has just arrived, and then we will probably try and get some sleep.

    Goodbyeeeeee
    Read more