Satellite
  • Day 17

    Nepal - complete

    July 29, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 32 °C

    It is currently 17.30 (Nepal time) and we are en route to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. We've begun the descent, so should be expected to land in 25 minutes so approximately 18.00 Nepal time, which will be 20.00 Malaysian time as they are 2 hours ahead.

    The journey is 4 hours 40 minutes altogether. It's the first time that either of us have flown with Malaysian Airlines, they've been good! There has been quite bad turbulence throughout the journey, but luckily it was only bad at the start. The food options were fish masala and lamb spaghetti (we forgot to inform ahead that we are veggie) ... so we are starving now (well I am!).

    *****

    We have just got on the 'KLIA Ekspress' bus to get to 'KL Sentral' (it cost 10 MR each which is approximately £1.83) where we will get the monorail line to 'Bukit Nenas' to get to our apartment. We are staying in an Air BNB - the place looks amazing!! It's only a private room, as opposed to a whole apartment, but the place looks unreal so we are so excited! Theres a swimming pool on the 51st floor with a view of the Petronas Towers, and a gym, and a big restaurant. Ahhhhhh !!!

    Our first impressions of Kuala Lumpur are incredible!!!! The airport is humungous (and we have only seen a small part of it!!!). We were nervous waiting at the baggage reclaim ... BUT ALL GOOD!!!! Sooooo happy

    *****

    We arrived at the central station, and got the monorail to Bukkit Nanas (it was only 1.5 MR each!!! So cheap!).

    We arrived, but were so lost. We didn't even know what we were looking for as he gave little information for the address. But eventually we found it.... and WOW!!!
    I don't know why the address didn't just say 'look for the HUMUNGOUS five star hotel with the massive 'PLATINUM' sign right NEXT to the station' haha!
    The apartment is AMAZING!!!' Eric sent me the information about how to retrieve the key on arrival (we actually bumped into him on our way up), and we found the apartment.

    It is beautiful! We can not get over that this only cost us £41 each for 3 nights!!! We are in a cute private room and bathroom, in a stunning 2 bedroom apartment, inside a FANTASTIC five star platinum hotel which means we get the perks of using the infinity pool on the sky deck floor on floor 51, the massive gym (not that we will be using that haha), and the restaurant). It is amazing!!!

    We went on a hunt for food (I was starving!! Hope somehow went past hungry so wasn't bothered about eating!), and finally got back at 1 am, and went to sleep ready to wake up today!!!!!

    SO HAPPY !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Read more