Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    KUALA LUMPUR IS INSANE

    July 30, 2017 in Malaysia ⋅ ⛅ 27 °C

    WOW

    I don't even know where to start

    KUALA LUMPUR IS INSANE!!!!!

    We have honestly had the most UNBELIEVABLE/INCREDIBLE/UNREAL 2 days EVER from start to finish ... and are so sad to leave. To try and sum it up, we both agreed that it is better than both Dubai, New York (Hope thinks it has even topped Barcelona which as we all know is her number one fave) ... it may potentially be the best city we have ever been to!

    So starting with Sunday 30th!

    We got up and ready at 10 am (after snoozing our alarms repeatedly as we were so dead out!), then went to the sky deck. The weather said thunderstorms and rain but so far so good! We literally spent hours in the infinity pool, just staring out at the view and reminding ourselves that this is real. The view out was just unbelievable!

    The heavens opened at 2 pm so we got showered and ready and got the monorail to the Pavilion Shopping Centre (of course!). Somehow Hope managed to avoid buying anything from Sephora (even she was shocked!). We both got a few things, then went and got some food (ashamed to admit it but we had a McDonald's as we were both craving their chips haha). I facetimed Sam in Mcdonalds as it's her birthday today!!!!!

    We got back at 7 ish, got ready for the night, had a few drinks in the apartment, then headed to the Menara Tower. We didn't get there until 9.30 pm, and apparently it was too late for us to go in as it closes at 10. But everything happens for a reason as we ended up going to one of the nicest bars we have ever been to in our life! I googled it before getting to Kuala Lumpur and read some fab reviews so we decided to go.

    We ended up having cucumber mojitos on a sky deck bar sitting in a booth overlooking the most incredible views of Kuala Lumpur. We had a few cocktails. Then decided to go to the strip (Sadly couldn't afford to stay there all night).

    We had the best night at the strip in Changkat Bukit Bintang. We started in a Havana club bar (got up and did some salsa of course), then went to many ... MANY bars down the strip until about 3 am where we had pizza and got a taxi home. At one of the bars, there was a Malaysian dancer who was teaching us how to dance, haha!! Absolutely no idea how or why but when we got home we stayed up until 5 am (even though our alarms were set for 8 the following morning).

    It was an amazing day!
    Read more