Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 43

    Nacpan Beach

    August 24, 2017 in England ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    We woke up feeling fresh (ish) as we didn’t drink too much. We couldn’t decide whether to do the island hopping tour with the girls or not (apparently it is the best one so we probably should have done it really) but we had spent a lot of time island hopping so we thought it would be nice to spend a day on the beach instead. We got a tricycle to Nacpan beach – voted one of the most beautiful beaches in the world, and it did not disappoint! It cost 1000 pisos return (it was a one hour ride away, and we managed to barter him down from 1500 so we were happy with that). Jacob was going to come with us, but he didn’t want to pay 330 (lol) as he thought it was too expensive (£5 …so £2.50 for a ONE HOUR journey!!). His loss though – we had a great day! The tricycle ride was very bumpy and we got very muddy, but Ernie (the driver) was so lovely.
    The beach really was stunning – by far one of the best seas we have ever been in! The sand was so light, and the waves were so big – it was amazing!
    It was cloudy all morning, but then it cleared up at lunch time. We managed to get tanned though (and a little bit burnt) – the clouds are deceiving! We had some lunch (after bumping into the Saudi Arabian couple from the other day hahah) –Hope had some fries and a lemon iced tea, and I had a vegetable noodle dish. Very nice!
    Ernie waited for us all day bless him – until about 2 pm when we decided to go back and visit Air Swift to get our flight booked to Borocay for the following day. We were asked to ‘put more clothes on’ when we arrived hahaha … so I went in with my rain coat on (in the boiling heat haha).
    We sat on the beach outside Outpost when we got back, then got showered and ready, and sat down for some food. Of course we had the pizza again (we had it the night before and it was A M A Z I N G !). We met two English girls and an English lad and ended up having a really good night drinking with them. The girl, Zoey ended up getting so drunk that she fell out of her bunk in the middle of the night and bruised her nose, knee and got scars all over her body! This was after she had been sick in her bed haha.
    It was a great day – we love El Nido!
    Read more