Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Whitecliffs

    June 3, 2022 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    We have now moved on after 2 nights in Whitecliffs opal spot with a population of not very many in summer cos apparently it gets very hot. I became unpopular there, as the others woke to find the clay sites we were all on, flooded and muddy due to 2 loads of washing and yours truly showering at pm and am. Big (grizzly🤣) Bear had not thought it would be necessary to put sullage in the drain hole.
    Apart from that, even in a caravan I am still losing socks and Big Bear has not had any phone coverage for much of our travels so far as he has (optus) ! Travelled here off the bitumen to Tilpa on roads we would never normally travel on, countless wild goats and not much else but we have found our 1st free camping spot right in front of the Pub, which apparently is very convenient. Met an interesting character by the name of Matt a "ringer" who frequents the pub he swags in his camp close by with 3 horses and 3 dogs. Jo took to the kelpie pup, Matt might have had a soft spot for our Jo too. Great tea last night at the Pub and we will be moving on today (more dirt roads) and dust to Trilby Station. Never been on a Station before so not sure what to expect but hoping we find power as I will need to do some washing and use a hair-dryer real soon. Not missing 'Aldi' very much at this stage.
    Read more