Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Sporty conditions & still slammin’ fish

    March 23, 2022 in the United States ⋅ 🌬 77 °F

    Waking up Monday morning and getting back into the swing with working wasn't too bad when you have 360 views of beautiful turquoise oceans. I felt like my mind was clearer than ever and that showed in my work day. I had some killer trades! Carson was pretty delirious from the night but still pushed through the day. The winds were so gusty we stayed put where we were for the day and night. The next night ended up being the best nights sleep we boat have had on the boat. All the hatches were open, winds gusting through & slight rock of the boat put us right to sleep!

    The next morning, we decided to put in some work hours before heading back up North to Key Biscayne. As we were getting ready to start our work morning the water pump decided not to work. Let's just say Carson was cussing like a sailor for about 20 mins until he figured it out which really took no time! He really doesn't give hisself enough credit on how quickly he can fix issues on this boat, it impresses me everyday. Around 11 AM, we took off in the gustiest winds we have sailed in yet clocking in 9 knots of speed at times with a 3-5 foot chop. It was sporty but so much fun! Once the waves calmed a bit off Biscayne national park we set the lines out to troll for some more fish. INSTANTLY, we were double slammed with fish! I turned off the wind while Carson worked on reeling in the first one. It was another 25 inch mutton snapper! We lost the other one because we weren't able to get it in time. We set the first line back and got underway again. Not even a minute goes by and we got hooked up again with a 17 inch mutton! We decided that we had more than enough fish to eat as we were still working on eating the fish from a couple days ago that we should let the others live.

    We anchored up outside the Key Biscayne light house last night. Something really cool about this area is the stilt houses that were built in the 1930s. They say drug dealers use to throw parties out there with lots of gambling and drugs. They soon shut them down and now they are just really cool landmarks on these flats. Tons of wind surfers were out there cruising in between them.

    ... not sure what the day will bring us today!
    Read more