Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 64

    Made some new friends :)

    May 20, 2022 on the Bahamas ⋅ ☁️ 79 °F

    The past couple days we have been anchored up off Man O War Cay. We have a lot of favorite anchorages already but this being one of the best. We are surrounded my crystal clear water, sandy bottom, a sandbar that looks like it goes on for a mile full of starfish and sand dollars, old wooden house on the hill that looks like its been through some crazy weather and coral reef in our backyard we can take midday breaks to snorkel around. Oh and the wifi here is great so its made working nice!

    ON our second day here we had another sailboat join us and they stopped by on their dinghy to say hi. They were such a nice couple, Oily & Will, that did films and photography for North Face, Red Bull, Airbnb and many other big brand names. They has traveled to 50 countries in their careers and decided they wanted something more stable so they started sailing to their destinations where they would pick up work from their clients along the way. They are making their way down to Guatemala for hurricane season and have kind of convinced that that may be the best place to go for the season! We have to seriously start thinking about where we are going to start sailing to in June for the start Hurricane season in July.

    Yesterday during our lunch break, we had another new friend arrive but this time it wasn't a human it was a dolphin! We jumped in right away and got to swim around with this beautiful animal for as long as we wanted. She loved the company. When we swam away from her she would follow us to the boat for more attn. We fed her some bait fish we had in the freezer which kept her around for another couple hours. The sweetest animal. Another dream come true out here!
    Read more