Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Madrid day 4

    October 17, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Started our day with a guided tour of the Prado museum. Wonderful guide who showed us all the most important pieces and described the history, significance and symbolism. After the tour she took us to a famous and very old (opened in 1827) vermouth and tapas bar. We were treated to a glass of Casa Alberto vermouth - to open up the palette - after which our guide took us to Botin restaurant (founded in 1725), famous for its roast suckling pig. We were served that and a cheese cake with a custard type centre. So good. We left our amazing guide Rosita after the meal.

    Mary and I walked to the Presidential Palace but did not go in as the ticket line was super long. We did however get a good photo looking down over the city and watched an accordion player for a bit. My favorites were his variations of Imagine and Time to Say Goodbye.

    Tonight we walked to a gin club - La Pasa Gin Bar - near our hotel. Such a lovely young man who owns the place. He talked us through many of his Spanish gins. We had to try a couple each 😏 particularly liked the writing on my gin glass - I'm not old, I am vintage.
    Read more