Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 26

    Last day in Madrid

    19 oktober 2023, Spanje ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    We spent the first half of the day at the Thyssen Bernemisza museum first started as a private collection by Baron Heinrich Thyssen in 1905. There are 775 works that span the 13th to 20th century. There was also a small temporary Picasso exhibit. The collection was turned over to the Spanish government in 1993. https://www.museothyssen.org/ while at the museum it was very exciting to discover three John Singer Sargeant paintings - an artist of whom we have several prints in our home in Edmonton.

    Upon leaving we found the streets teeming with unusually hard rain but we braved it nonetheless to visit the famous Churria San Gines, founded in 1894 https://chocolateriasangines.com/ for chocolate and Churros - a must do in Madrid. To accompany the Churros (fried dough) you are served chocolate. It is meant to be consumed like hot chocolate but it is the darkest, richest almost pudding like drink. The intention is that you dip the Churros in the chocolate.

    In the evening we returned to our favorite bar - Harvey's cocktail bar for amazing cocktails and croquette snacks. Next off to Dublin!
    Meer informatie