Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Day 9 Berlin

    December 16, 2023 in Germany ⋅ 🌙 1 °C

    Day two in Berlin was cool. We went into the centre of town and up to the top of the Berlin TV tower ( 360 degrees observation deck at 203m ) The view was spectacular and the lift ride very fast. We then set off on our own for a very cool area of town. We wandered around some quirky markets and then in and out of lanes and alleys. We stopped for a beautiful coffee and croissant and then we returned to the bus to be taken out of town for 30 minutes to Potstam, a beautiful lakeside town. The area had signicant history as it was where many Nazi meetings had taken place and decisions made as well the bridge where spy swaps had taken place during the Cold War.
    We drove into the main part of town to visit the last Christmas Market. It was beautiful as it was set up all the way down the Main Street. We enjoyed 2 hours relaxing and finding yet another yummy treat to eat. We then returned to the hotel after another long drive. After a quick refresh we headed into town for a lovely farewell dinner at a local restaurant. We leave the tour now and head to Berlin airport tomorrow on our way to Brussels and then Brugge.
    Read more