Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 11 Brugge, Belgium

    December 18, 2023 in Belgium ⋅ 🌬 6 °C

    Wow! An incredible day spent exploring the most beautiful city yet. We had a lovely relaxed start to the day before heading into town for a “high” breakfast. What a treat! So delicious but light and the glass of champagne with it was delicious. We needed to eat nothing else all day, until our fish and chip tea at an outdoor restaurant in a market square. The rest of the day was spent wandering the streets, taking a boat ride down the many canals and visiting the Church of the Holy Blood. We also visited the 2BE Brewpub and bottle shop with its wall- of beer exhibits, displaying hundreds of Belgian beers. With its unique historic buildings, many canals and bridges, shops specialising in chocolate, waffles and beer, the stunning Christmas decorations and lights, and the many beautiful churches with bells constantly chiming, Brugge is truly magical. Can’t really describe the way we felt all day as every corner gave us a jaw dropping view. We are sad to be saying good bye to Brugge. Would highly recommend a visit here.
    Off to London tomorrow via train to Brussels and the the Eurostar. The reward for coping with that and then the London Underground will be seeing Alanna at 5pm tomorrow!
    Read more