Satellite
  • Day 4

    Day 04 - Back In Time

    April 18, 2022 in France ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    A lazy morning this morning, with us not thinking the Hollywoods were awake and them thinking we weren’t awake either - and neither of us wanting to wake the others.
    That issue finally sorted we headed off east on the D15 to Laplume, stopping first at the Intermarché to buy some bits for a BBQ later this afternoon.
    We then drove into Laplume itself and being less than inspired with what we saw we drove immediately out and headed south west towards Condom on the D931, through Condom and west on the D15 to Larressingle.
    Larressingle Is part of the history of Gascony and quoted as being one of the most beautiful and smallest fortified villages in France. It is compared in style to Carcassonne with outer walls, courtyards, crenelated towers, a moat, entrance gate, 13th century château, and a fortified 12th century church. Medieval houses are also situated inside the outer walls - as they would have been in the 16th century.
    We stopped to have drinks at the nearby restaurant before eventually heading back to Roque!
    On getting back to the gite the sun was fully in operation and so a couple of drinks followed by a BBQ was all that the day required. Magret cooked by yours truly was the main dish, which to be fair did catch me a little off guard when the fat started to render - it was a scene similar to towering inferno.
    Rescued - the duck was a success!
    Plans for tomorrow have been hatched and so an early get up at 6am is booked and alarm clocks set.
    Read more