Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Day 05 Long And Winding Road

    April 19, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 13 °C

    Well today was always going to be a long day. We had set up some house viewings for the Hollywoods and also sneaked in a return to our favourite property.
    So up at 6am and out the door at 7am much to the dis-pleasure of Munch . . . Off we went.
    Heading initially north east on the N62 to Agen and then north on the N1021. We then travelled north west on the N21 through to Bergerac. Stopping briefly at a hypermarché to grab a croissant and a coffee we then continued north once more on the N21 through to the lovely Périgueux with it stunning cathedral perched on the raised skyline. Straight through Périgueux we continued north - to and through Thiviers still on the N21 until reaching Chalus, we now being in the Haute Vienne region. We met Willem our estate agent outside the post office at just gone 11am as agreed and then followed him to the 1st property for Mr & Mrs H. The first property was a maybe a little on the small side, typical French hamlet build.
    After about 45 minutes we said our good byes to Willem and continued north west on the D901 to and through Étagnac onto the D948 still heading north west. Travelling through Confolens and finally onto Pressac via the D148. We then branched onto the D741 through to Saint-Martin-l’Ars and then west on the D28 to and through Joussé. We then pulled in to visit our favourite property - our second visit now, to see if we still felt the same as we did on our first. Arriving we met Paul (Jasper Carrot) at 2pm - who had kindly already opened up everything for us and left us to explore once again. We showed Munch and the Hollywoods everything the property had to offer, and the numerous bits that needed fixing.
    It was soon time to move on and so said our goodbyes to Jasper before heading off.
    We drove south west to Savigné on the D36 to meet with Kate at 3.30pm who was to show us the next two properties for Mr & Mrs H.
    The first was again in a quiet hamlet, this one with a stunning garden and pool. The inside of the property needed work in some areas, but nothing that was non achievable. Definitely one for further consideration.
    We departed after a good wander around and headed to the final property of the day. This had been suggested to us by Kate last minute and so was a blind viewing.
    On arrival the property immediately showed it size and options, with a new extension/conversion aspect on the end. Within everything that had been renovated had been done to a high standard, but had at some point just had the works stop . . . and so lots still to do. A very clean, spacious and new build blank canvas.
    We said our goodbyes to Kate and started the long haul home.
    We hit the D1 and D8 respectively south west to Condac and then out the other side to pick up the N10 south. We continued south through Tourriers and then south east all the way down to the outskirts of Bordeaux. Then heading south east we drove the A62 through to Damazan stopping once to grab a bowl of pasta and a drink in some services.
    At Damazan we hopped onto the D108 and subsequently the D119 through to Bruch. Continuing south east on the D287 and finally the D15 we finally arrived back at Roqué at 10.30pm.
    Over a very quick beer we figured we had achieved a rough 500km journey for the day before falling into our beds.
    Oh and it rained on the way home - a lot !!
    A lot to think about tonight with the properties still on our minds.
    Read more