Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    MUST SEE PLACES IN NAPLES

    March 14, 2018 in India ⋅ 🌙 16 °C

    Naples is a colourful and one of the oldest Italian city. Naples historic centre is a registered UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to archaeological treasures. City is flooded with tourist attractions ranging from byzantine churches, museums, palaces, narrow historic streets, broad promenades and many other sights showcasing long history dating back to eighth century BC. City has so many sights and must visit places scattered all around and also the food scene is very rich in Naples. For better and comfortable experience of travelling in Naples you can hire a car from https://www.car4hires.com/
    and explore as much as you can this beautiful city. Naples is a surprising city packed with spectacular sights and attractions and some of the must see sights of Naples have been listed below.

    CATACOMBS OF SAN GENNARO
    Catacombs of San Gennaro are maze of passages and tomb chambers, much like Roman catacombs. These catacombs have more finer paintings and have more magnificent architecture than Roman catacombs. In 5th century basilica was built near these catacombs. The large underground basilica, small crypt of Bishops and frescoes from late second century are also here.

    NAPLES HARBOUR
    Naples harbour is a historic gateway to Mediterranean sea and the world. It is divided into separate docks and basins always brimming with activity. It serves as a principal port to southern Italy from ages. You can stroll around the harbour, many ice cream shops and cafes are lined along giving more lively atmosphere to the place.

    RUINS OF POMPEII
    You can walk through and visit the extensive ruins of Pompeii, the settlement which was once destroyed by destructive eruption of volcano in 79 A D. Major highlights include the Amphitheatre, the Temple of Apollo and the Temple of Jupiter.

    CASTEL NUOVO
    The former residence of Kings and Viceroys of Naples reflecting long history of French, Spanish, Aragonese, and Austrian rulers. Originally this castle was built in 1279-82 by Charles I of Anjou. Gothic Church of Santa Barrbara is also there. Armoury hall, the Charles V Hall, the Sala della Loggia and southern courtyard are open for public viewing.

    Naples is city rich in experiences and attractions to offer. Many more are there those calls for a must visit such as Naples National Archaeological Museum, Cappella Sansevero, Pallazo Reale, Santa Chiara, Santa Lucia, San Domenico Maggiore, San Martino Monastery and Museum.
    Read more