Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Day 4 - Our "Lazy Day"

    September 14, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Today would be our "relax day", with only 66 km ahead of us, so we enjoyed our breakfast in the hostel without hurry before we got on the cycle path again. Unfortunately, the cycle path on the train line ended and we had to join the cars on the highway - there was a designated lane for us cyclists, but having the cars pass us by after the total placidity of the train line was a shock.

    We passed through the village of Venzone, which was structured just like a middle aged city - with cobble stoned, narrow alleys, a market place with cafes, a fountain and buildings in the unique Italian architecture.

    We didn't join the flocks of tourists though, who had coffee at the main square, as it was still too early for us to stop. Fortunately the way lead us away from the highway again and onto empty side streets through the backcountry, where we found the perfect place for lunch: a little grove that gave us shade and had even a big trunk that served as a bench. We enjoyed our sandwich and rested in this placid place, surrounded by trees and birds and only occasionally being passed by other bikers or cars.
    Read more