Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Final Day

    August 11, 2023 in England ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    So, another vacation draws to a close! Off the grid works for me. Visiting glimmers of former times, sinks home the advances we have accomplished the last 200 years.
    Unfortunately, time and events reveal that we have not learned the lessons. Mankind's greed to satisfy his grievance affects the future of all, especially our planet Earth.

    Our final journey started smoothly, returning Angela to her waiting sisters !

    Then, the everyday issues appeared! Booked taxi to collect us from my mother's, allowing a 20-minute window to the train station.
    Fortunately, my instincts suspected a delay confirmed after ringing to the taxi firm. Thanks, guys, for the update. Plan B executed without a hitch, thanks to mums neighbour.

    Well, it Friday! Feeder train 3 minutes late, Fortunately, connection to Manchester was on the same platform (3&4). So, the guard shut the doors as we ventured into the packed coach!

    Well, Manchester airport security lived up to its reputation! Warning notice advised passengers to remove all usual suspect objects. Failure to comply would enforce a 30-minute delay before resolution of the offending objects. Stuttered through without any extra inspection.

    I am grateful that my Scottish principles pushed me to take the cheaper EasyJet option. SAS cancelled their flight. The usual 30-minute delay was also included, now we jutted wanted to get home.

    So the final hurdle was the Danish Immigration check point, poorly manned on a late Friday evening.

    Trip over.....
    Read more