Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    united Emirates hotel apartments

    June 20, 2018 in the United Arab Emirates ⋅ 🌙 33 °C

    from the airport we decided to go straight to our hotel and drop our bags until we could check in. so we jumped in a cab, showed the driver the paperwork and address of where we are staying and we headed that way. i felt like i was going to be sick half way there cuz the driver drove like we were going over whoops... stop, go, stop, go. it was all or nothing with the gas pedal. the 15 min drive to our hotel turned into a 45 min drive because apparently there is a "the grand hotel emirates" and that's where she took us.... and there's a "the grand hotel emirates apartments". wasnt a big deal, just a bit of confusion, and she didn't charge us for the extra time. when we finally made it there we dropped our bags and decided to go to the burj khalifa (tallest building). the tram was just outside our hotel, So that was very convenient to get there and for only a $4 (aud) round trip. bought our tickets and went up the escalator and the tram was just pulling up, so we jumped in.... i loved around us as the doors shut, and thot wow theres a lot of females on rhis tram, then realized it was all females, i turned and looked at mick and looked down at the next carriage and saw a bunch of men down there. looked back at mick and said look Around you. then i turned towards the door and read a big sign that said "women and children only" bahaha woops! i think that was the longest 1 minute tram ride of micks life. 😂 the tram took us to the mall, where we spent 5 hours just wondering the place in amazement. huge candy stores, a massive aquarium, skate rink, lots of restaurants, dinosaur display, virtual reality park, waterfalls, fountains, kids zone park, every store you could possibly think of.... it had everything. after walking around for ages, we decided to go out to a viewing deck of the burj khalifa ans the fountain. the view was nice, and the tallest building was very tall. however we decided to not go up to the 125 floor of the burj Khalifa because there was so much smog, we didnt thick the view would be worth it, we could barely see a few buildings away. anyway were happy just looking at it from where we were.
    We had booked a 4x4 tour for 3pm, for them to pick us up away our hotel, 345 came around and no tour guide to be found, so the front desk called and low and behold he was waiting at the other hotel. haha. our driver was a crazy driver on the road. he was a great driver in the dunes tho. it was a lot of fun playing in the sand dunes in Dubai (still got nothin on glamis tho) 4x4 in a land cruiser, sand boarding and a camel ride. we drove out to this random area in the dunes where they had several huts set up and thats where we had dinner. got henna, tried my first hookah (which i still don't understand what the point is) And watched a belly dance show. it was really good experience. we were definitely very tired by the end of the day.
    Read more