Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 319

    On the road Lima - Abancay

    July 23, 2023 in Peru

    After some days in the mountains we went back to the sea. Lima we crossed by night and didn't see much except of the traffic - patience was needed. Quick stop at a surf hostal where we slept like a baby, took a good shower and had a short talk with some other overlanders (they wanted to spend 1 night at the hostal but are now staying there for 6 weeks already 😅). But except from surfing there is not much to see or do in this town. As we lost our surfboard on the highway in Ecuador (we forgot to check on it after many km on dirt roads - it got loose and flew away of the roof🙈) there was nothing to do for us and we continued our journey. Next stop was the national reserv of Paracas where the beautiful desert meets the ocean. Highlight of the visit were the flamingos 🦩🦩(first ones we've seen on our trip!).
    After some more km and traffic jams (there was a big one because a truck with oversize load couldn't pass below the traffic light 🚦and they had to take off the signals so that it could pass - only problem, there was a signal every 500m😂) we stoped near Nazca (famous city for the misterious lines made by indigenous people many years ago). Only in the morning we saw that we parked right next to one of these drawings. So we started our morning with some sightseeing at 6.30 😁 That same day we drove another 10h direction Cusco, much of it above 4000m with beautiful views of the pampas.
    Read more