Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Walpole, Western Australia

    February 13, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Drove from Pemberton down to Walpole.
    Very bumpy road along the way. Lots of thoughts as to what might be happening back in the van, but as it turned out, all good.
    Stayed at the Rest Point park. A large park, and well appointed. Easy access to the site and a quick setup. Our location was great - right near the estuary, lots of grassed areas around. Bit windy though, but not too bad.
    Our next door neighbours were a couple from Perth, travelling with 3 Border Collie dogs, that they took around from place to place to compete in agility trials. Lovely dogs and very well behaved. They were competing in Albany over the weekend.
    We spent 2 nights here. Very relaxing stay. Some good walks around the estuary and one evening we surprised a few kangaroos that were in the bush and down by the water's edge.
    Did a couple of short trips to Walpole.
    On the second day it was Valentine's day, so I thought I should treat Elvira to something special. So, I took her along to the Walpole Country club for a game of golf! Very romantic!
    Anyway, we had a good game there. They use the honour box system, $20 for a round of 18 holes which is very reasonable. We had the entire course to ourselves. the fairways were a bit rough, but playable. And they had synthetic grass greens, which I have never played on before. I was a bit sceptical, but they actually played very well. Putting was true and you could actually pitch on to them and it would hold.
    Anyway, all up, a good stay at Rest Point - recommended.
    Read more