Satellite
  • Day 2

    Marrinup to Greenbushes Pool

    April 3, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    Woke up early and decided to drive to our second planned location - another free camp - Greenbushes Pool camping area, just outside of, you guessed it, Greenbushes.
    The one downside of Marrinup had been lack of phone signal and data. But this soon improved, as we got on the road again.
    Spent the morning passing through various towns on way to Greenbushes. Donnybrook seemed really nice - worth a re-visit.
    Found Greenbushes Pool quite easily, with the help of Google maps. Lovely area, around a natural pool. Being midweek, it was very quiet. But I could imagine this will be a busy area on the weekend. There is a kids playground, a free bbq area, and nice beach area leading in to the pool.
    We got in ( a bit tight) to a great site on the upper level of the camping area - overlooking the play area and the pool. Very happy with the sight, and the bonus of having 4G access through the modem - hooray, it does work.
    Caught up on a bit of work and then went for a drive through Greebushes (nothing much) and then on to Bridgetown, which looks like a nice spot. Very friendly at the visitor centre, and a great dog there - cross Arab Bull ? and a Staffie Terrier.
    Did a bit of shopping at IGA, including a Salted Caramel and Macadamia ice cream, then back to the van.
    Had a long chat to one of the campers there, and picked up some good tips. Might have to spend some more money on an extra battery and solar panel. But will see how our free camping experience goes, first.
    Good quiet night. Had fish for dinner, cooked outside on the gas ring that cost all of $10 at BCF - a good buy indeed.
    We can hear some of the activity in the distance from the Tantalum and Lithium mine in the area. But that noise is being taken over by the sound of frogs from the pool.
    We will go and look at the mine tomorrow - apparently one of the biggest of it's kind in Aus.
    Goodnight.
    Read more