Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    Day 3 - still at Greenbushes Pool

    April 4, 2019 in Australia ⋅ 🌬 19 °C

    Decided to stay an extra day at Greenbushes Pool. Such a nice spot to spend some more time.
    The day was very cool and overcast with periodic rain - all day. So, it was a bit of a test of how to cope with dodgy weather with a van - not too bad at all.
    We visited the viewing area overlooking the nearby Lithium and Tantalum mine. Quite and eye opener. Some huge open pit areas. Three pits with all the surrounding areas full of mining activity, and the main Cornwall pit is some 350 metres deep and actually partly below sea level.
    One of the problems we encountered was keeping phones and tablets powered up. Forgot to bring proper 12 volt charging plugs, so we can only charge from the car, when driving along. However, we visited the local Community Resource Centre, and were welcomed in to use some of their power points, in exchange of a small donation. So, we duly left everything hooked up on their plugs and went off to have a long lunch at the local eatery. In fact I think it was the only eatery around. Nonetheless, some decent food and a coffee later, we dragged out our stay for quite a while, before heading off for a walk around the town. Not much to see, and I am sure some of the locals were looking sideways at us as we skulked around the place, waiting for a few more percent to be sucked into our phones.
    Eventually picked up the electronics (with almost 100% on board) and headed back to the pool. Spent the rest of the day, around the Pool, in between rain showers.
    Overall, very happy with the Marrinup Pool site. And the price is right. We did feed the turtle with some coins for a donation.
    Read more