Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    A day around Augusta

    April 6, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 18 °C

    Had a full cooked breakfast, and then popped in to look around Augusta.
    The weather was fairly normal Augusta weather - cool and overcast, but luckily, no rain.
    Elvira had researched that there was a community market on in Augusta in or near the main street. They must have heard that we were coming over, because we had to give up looking for that market, after driving all over Augusta, which took all of 6 minutes.
    Spent some time looking around the front of Augusta, overlooking the river and bay area. Great area, and some nice houses. Great place to retire, if the weather was a bit better.
    Watched some fishermen cleaning their catch on special cleaning tables, setup in the river. Closely watched by some very keen pelicans, and a few stingrays around their feet - these rays are very tame with the fishermen actually patting them on the back, sometimes.
    Took the drive out to the Leuwin lighthouse area. Did some photography in the area behind the lighthouse, which is a great area to explore.
    Back to Augusta for some shopping.
    Then back to the van.
    Had a relaxing afternoon (nanna nap) and then went to the camp kitchen area, around the fire and watched the Eagles beat Collingwood in a grand final replay. Great result. And we caught up with our friends of the previous evening. They all still love to chat!!
    A quiet evening. Not such a cold night.
    Read more