Satellite
  • Day 11

    Gracetown - day 2

    April 12, 2019 in Australia ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    Enjoying Gracetown, so we decided to stay at least another day.
    Weather was great, although a bit cloudy at times.
    I did some more work on clients, and spent most the morning on that. Elvira just relaxed, reading a book, or else watching a movie on the tablet. Can't believe that she has managed to stay still and relax for so long - big change!!
    Had sandwich lunch at the van. Sitting outside about to take a bite, when in swoops a Kookaburra and takes half my sandwich away, and at the same time giving me a slightly painful whack on the fingers with his beak. And then a few minutes later, another one swoops and empties Elvira's plate of food. Cheeky buggers. Anyway, now we keep all food inside the van when Kookaburras are around.
    In the afternooon, we drove north to visit Canal Rocks, Smith's beach and Yallingup. There was a huge swell coming in from the ocean and creating major splash displays around the rocks. Canal rocks was absolutely rushing with water everywhere. I have never seen waves as huge as this in that area.
    Smith's was the same, and in Yallingup, the surfies were having a great time (if they did not get smashed by the waves on the way out).
    We then travelled back to Margarets to visit the night market. Bit of hassle finding it, but we succeeded in the end. Not much to the night markets, other than a couple of old geezers trying to play country and western music (and failing badly) and a few food vans. We decided to give it a miss and headed back to camp.
    Some sundowners, although it was a bit windy outside.
    And a quiet night again.
    Read more