Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Sorry

    September 6, 2023 in Croatia ⋅ 🌙 75 °F

    Boy oh boy. This week has flown by. Each day was supposed to end with a post to this hear penguins.
    Let me just catch y’all up.

    Sunday we drove down the beautiful coast of Croatia as you know.

    Monday, we toured around the old city of Dubrovnik…. I think I already shared this? It was beautiful and peaceful even filled with 1,000’s of travelers.

    Tuesday, that was beach day. It was also VERY relaxing. We sat on the beach and read our books. The water is super super clear and clean. The beaches here are not sandy but round rocks the size of your fist. Each rock is a work of art and tempting to bring home and make some sort of coffee table with. We traveled a bit of a smaller town 40 mins from Dubrovnik and ate another yum fish dinner.

    Wednesday morning we dropped off our friend Tony at the airport. He is flying to Rome for a trip within a trip. Chels and I hung out at the beautiful Airbnb and then did another beach day. We read to each other our books and people watched the locals. The water is very cold in the Adriatic Sea but somehow super refreshing with the dry warm air. For the evening we went to a restaurant/ family’s home. We had an upscale home cooked meal in their 500 year old oil press factory warehouse. They only take 1 or 2 families per meal and do it only a couple of days per week. Thankfully we made it! Messaging the son on WhatsApp we found out that it would be our only night to be able to do it. It consisted of 5 course meal with free wine and beer and home made liquors. All the food and cheese was from their small farm and garden. And everything that needed cooking was done in a fire pit Croatian style called Peka. All for $42 per person.

    Thursday we again hung out at the beach, did some shopping, and relaxed until we had to go back to the airport (30 min drive) in the late afternoon to collect Tony. He really enjoyed Rome.

    Friday Tony and I went rock climbing outside. I found a local spot only 45 mins away and saved a 2 hour trip because of that. It was only us out there and super secluded. Friday night was pizza and downtown boardwalk. Finishing the night with an outdoor movie by the old city.

    Saturday we hopped on a boat that took us to 3 different islands and fed us a fish lunch. Each island had its own beauty that was different from the previous. Unfortunately, we only had a shortish amount of time on each (3 hours, 1 hour, and 1 hour).

    Now, Sunday we’re back at the airport in Split and ready to fly out to Israel. 🙌
    Looking forward to catching up with friends and eating some yummy middle eastern food!
    Read more