Satelit
Tunjukkan pada peta
  • Hari 24

    Alcalá la Real to Alcaudete (23.2km)

    12 Oktober 2022, Sepanyol ⋅ ⛅ 21 °C

    We don't always walk backwards, but leaving Alcalá la Real, we turned around many times to see the sunrise over the city.

    We had had a storm overnight, and a mist hung around for a while. Little pearls of water formed at the tips of leaves.

    The walk was nice, and we don't get tired of walking amongst the olive trees. The noise of the nearby Carretera de Córdoba N-432 didn't bother us.

    At Ventas del Carrizal, we stopped for a drink. Shortly after we had sat down, 11 pilgrims appeared with their Spanish guide. They were walking from Granada to Córdoba. Some of them had never walked a Camino.

    We continued our walk and the sun came out. There was not much shade directly on the path, but we found a big oak tree, under which we stopped for lunch.

    A mojón at the entrance of Alcaudete indicated we had another 1114km to go to reach Santiago. Not this year.

    The bells were ringing when we arrived at the Santuario de Nuestra Señora de la Fuensante. The statue of Madonna in the chapel had been crowned, and the whole town was decorated to celebrate.

    We checked in at the Hotel Spa Rueda, and went for a walk. It looks like tomorrow morning we're going to visit the Castillo.

    After that, we're taking a Blablacar, our first time, and we're excited, to Jaén. We're taking two more rest days to discover the city.
    Baca lagi