Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Pai day 2

    March 28 in Thailand ⋅ ☀️ 33 °C

    Today I went on a half day tour today to see some of Pai's famous sights. The stops were a little hit or miss, but still fun to see. The smoke meant the view point was a little obsolete and the waterfall we went to was pretty murky.
    We did visit a place called Santichon village which is a village built for tourists replicating the life of Yunnan Chinese people who fled from China to the hill tribes of Thailand. It's not peak tourist season anymore, so most of the food and clothes stalls in the village were closed, but it was cute to look around.
    One of my personal favourites was the bamboo bridge. As it's name suggests, it was a 800m bamboo bridge suspended over rice fields, leading to a very small Buddhist temple. As it's dry season, the rice fields weren't green but still lovely scenery, with cows grazing and the backdrop of hazey mountains.
    Final stop was sunset at Pai canyon. I was just kind of expecting a cliff overlooking some mountains, but it was a proper canyon which had paths snaking in different directions that you could scrabble over to pick a good spot to sit and admire the sunset.
    I realised I hadn't had a night in to myself in over a week, so had dinner then headed back to the hostel to chill (scroll on Instagram).
    Read more