Satellite
  • Day 7

    Sydney Day 2

    October 30, 2017 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    Yesterday was another full day in Sydney. The weather was superb, 30 degrees and sunny, so we went off to Bondi Beach. The taxi driver had told us about Sculptures on the Beach, going on there, so, as well as seeing the multitudes of people, we saw lots of beautiful art works as we walked up and over to the next beach.
    Bondi Beach is very accessible through bus and train service, and there were several surfing schools going on as the surf is gentle there. There was also a kids program on this Sunday. The beach is marked with flags. Swimming between the flags is safe from undertows. I think there were 3 small flagged areas that day, so those water areas were full of people. Life guards and surf guards are plentiful. We stayed on the boardwalk, no swimming for us. The picture shows how many people take advantage of this beach on a nice spring day. There is also a salt water pool for swimming. Apparently, the area gets REALLY busy in summer. Can't imagine more people there.
    One thing we have noticed while here is the expense of eating. Breakfast the first day we were here at a small cafe nearby was almost $50. The Australian dollar is very close to ours. Our apartment has good facilities, so we make our own breakfasts and some dinners here.
    In the afternoon we went on a Harbour tour. Got some great pics of the opera house and the skyline of Sydney and enjoyed being on the water. A beer at a little spot up from the waterfront and we were tired and ready to hop on the bus for home.
    The first pics are at Bondi Beach and the last few are from the Harbour Cruise. There is also a picture of the jacaranda trees in bloom.
    Read more