Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 42

    Waikiki

    December 4, 2017 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    The last leg of our trip - a few days at Waikiki. The AirB&B couldn't be placed better. We are a block from the beach, an easy walk to the sparkling nightlife and fancy shops. The first day we took a long walk down the beach, had lunch at the Hilton Hawaiian Village where I stayed with Lorna and Marj four years ago. Dave picked out 2 or 3 sailboats he could live with, at the marina and back again home. The next day was drizzling rain most of the day so we took a bus over to the big Ala Moana Shopping Centre. It turned out that there was a fabric outlet nearby, and yes I did buy quilting fabric to take home. Who knows what these colourful Hawaiian prints will become.
    Yesterday we went up to Diamond Head and walked to the top for magnificent views. Then back to Duke's for lunch. Later, we went for a swim in the ocean and stayed to watch the sun set at the beach. A walk through the upscale shopping area on Kalakaua Ave after dark was like Las Vegas without the gambling. With Christmas lights up, it was even more festive.

    We have come to the end of this amazing trip. A little time today for another swim and some wandering around and then we pack for home. It has been a slice!!
    -30-
    Read more