Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Quacks and Pandas

    May 2, 2019 in China ⋅ 🌙 14 °C

    We started the day with a stop at a Traditional Chinese Medicine centre. While we received a 25 minute foot massage, a team of " doctors" gave us each a private consultation - just by looking at our tongues and feeling our pulse. Amazing!!!

    Apparently I have a weak pulse - which means I am always tired; hormonal changes and may be going through menopause and "enhanced" breasts. This could all be fixed with a prescription which would only cost 8800 yuan (approx $2200) for a 4 months supply.

    Matt's kidneys could do with a bit of work but other than that he was okay.

    He seemed quite put out when we decided NOT to buy and came back twice to Matt, to tell him how sick his wife was .....before moving on to the Cambeys. Di has a stiff neck and one breast bigger than the other which could have been cured for $880 dollars, while Cambey's kidney and liver were in alignment.

    We then drove to Bejing Zoo to visit the pandas....as did several million other people, as it is a 4 day Chinese public holiday celebrating May day. Chaos - but as Lot , our guide, kept saying; Welcome to China!

    Then it was back to Bejing airport for a 2 hour flight to Shanghai; before meeting our new guide, Jacky, for a 90 minute drive to our motel. Matt and I headed out to explore a bit of the local night life - making sure we didn't get lost because there wasn't an English sign to be seen. So cool!
    Read more