Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 1

    Hilton Playa Del Carmen

    April 12, 2019 in Mexico ⋅ ⛅ 31 °C

    Very pleased with the hotel. The room is very nice. Nice large room, large bathroom. The hotel itself is also very nice. There are many restaurants onsite (Marie Marie, Pelicanos, Asiana, Spice) that we can dine at for free as part of the all-inclusive package. Plus many other places to get snacks and drinks. Early impressions are that the food is good, but not great. We'll probably take advantage of the free breakfasts, lucnhes, snacks, etc... but dine out on several nights to get some of the local cuisine.

    The beach has cabanas that we can use (first come, first serve). The beach itself is not great. Pretty narrow. The water is rough, so not seeing many people actually getting into the water. The pool is a bit rowdy (all-inclusive crowd). It will be interesting to see if the environment is different Monday - Friday as opposed to the weekend. However, Lisa and I aren't big water people to begin with, and we've found the beach cabanas easy to get as most of the people are drawn to the pool party.

    The hotel staff is incredibly nice and helpful (similar to our experience at the Hilton resort in Cabo).
    Read more