Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Mendata to Muxika and Morga

    July 28, 2022 in Spain ⋅ ⛅ 24 °C

    We are up at 7am this morning its breakfast at the Albergue - toast, butter, jam, yoghurt and coffee are on the menu. It doesn’t take us long to eat, finish getting ready and head out the door. The walk starts off fairly flat and follows a nice easy path. We have our fingers and toes crossed that our trail stays like this today, but we all know it’s wishful thinking. The climb starts a couple of kms into our walk, the sun has sting today and with a top of 25 degrees, I’m not surprised. The Camino bypasses the first small village this morning, so no cafe con leche for us. We keep moving now in a downwards motion heading into Gernika. We stop at a bar order some water, wine and pinxtos, rest here for a couple of hours then continue on our walk. There is a steep climb out of town with a very uneven surface, it is very exposed and not a breath of air, we take it slow and steady and this accent seems to go on forever. The views are beautiful but very hard to capture today as the sun seems to be photobombing every picture. We finally make it to our albergue, sweaty, hot and aching. We check in, jump in the showers, make our beds and go sit down outside, with some snacks and cold drinks. We are in the middle of nowhere, so no wine or pinxtos.
    Fun Fact: Everyone who stayed at our albergue last night passed us before we make it to our destination today 😂
    Read more