Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Pamukkale

    March 11, 2020 in Turkey ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    Kusadasi - Pamukkale Tour (approx. 450km

    This morning we started at the local leather factory with a nice fashion show. It was too nice to pass up. Yes, I have to get one. Arrived at the hotel for lunch, after that we went to Pamukkale and visited the famous calcium terraces Pamukkale, literally means "cotton castle" in Turkish and is located in Denizli Province of Turkey. The formation of the so-called castle took place after several earthquake eruptions and the emergence hot springs, especially the ones rich with mineral. These springs have been used as spa since second century BC. The ancient city of Hierapolis is also located on the same hill. Hierapolis together with Pamukkale is recognized as a World Heritage Site. It is overwhelming seeing all these wonderful sites first hand. Came back to the hotel we tested the hot springs and had a swim. Buffet dinner with a lot of Chinese..

    Pam Thermal Hotel Pamukkale

    ABOUT

    Pamukkale is a town in western Turkey known for the mineral-rich thermal waters flowing down white travertine terraces on a nearby hillside. It neighbors Hierapolis, an ancient Roman spa city founded around 190 B.C. Ruins there include a well-preserved theater and a necropolis with sarcophagi that stretch for 2km. The Antique Pool is famous for its submerged Roman columns, the result of an earthquake.
    Read more