Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Northbrook, Illinois (Day 3)

    May 15, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    As newlyweds in 1969, Denny and I moved into a small third floor apartment in Skokie, Illinois. Directly below us were Barb and Glenn, also newlyweds. The four of us were together all the time.

    For one thing we all loved Jeopardy.

    We had the home game and played it several times a week. We played it so often that Glennie T (that's what we called Glenn - Glennie T) asked the electricians at his place of business to design and build a light panel for us so we could "ring" in if we knew the answer. The hand clickers that came with the game just weren't getting the job done. The light panel worked perfectly. Plus it was a lot more fun.

    Barb and Glenn were all about fun. And did we have fun.

    Fun on their boat - the Miss Jan.

    Fun camping out at the Octoberfest in La Crosse, Wisconsin.

    Fun starting out married life together.

    Denny and I left Chicago in 1974 but we never left the friendship with Barb and Glenn. We visited from time to time and were there when their daughter Dina was married.

    We spent today visiting Barb at her home in Fox River Grove looking at much younger versions of ourselves in photo albums and marveling at the beautiful handmade quilts hanging on the walls - one of Barb's passions.

    Then we went to see Glennie T. We lost him in 2017.

    A good, kind, fun friend.
    Read more