Satellite
  • Day 28

    Wine or paint thinner?

    July 17, 2016 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    Up early, with little sleep, to catch our ferry to Mykonos... Party island. 🎉

    We got an uber over to the port which ended up costing us about 5€ each. We were there a little early so we just got our tickets, found a spot & just hung out.

    Once boarding time came around.. We might have almost got on the wrong boat.... Oooops.

    Finding our actual boat, we got on & went to the deck. Grabbed some chairs around the table & before we new it we were on our way.

    4 hours later we arrived in Mykonos!!

    Getting off the ferry, we saw our bus that was to take us to our "hostel" (& i put that in quotations for a good reason). Our driver was the absolutely crazy. He was yelling out the windows at other drivers, hitting 100km/h on tiny winding roads, also blasting authentic Greek music.

    We get to the "hostel" & it looks AWESOME! Pool side bar & restaurant, a mini market with alcohol, a live DJ & a gorgeous view of the sea.

    We check in & start walking towards our room.... When we found it, we thought it was a joke at first. It looked like a shipping container / bunker. It was a metal frame with a canvas covering. There was one plug & you desperately needed it for the fan.

    We immediately turned on the fan, changed into our bathing suits & went to the sea.

    We just needed to cool off. We decided the only way we could sleep in those rooms or forget where we were sleeping was to drink.... So that's what we did.

    We drank by the pool & met this group of guys who had just finished a Contiki tour. There was Marcus, Kent, Max, Marco & Australia. They ended up going to city center to party...the cover charge to get into the club was 50€....so we stayed on the beach to drink with some other people....

    Lets just say, that we drank to forget..
    Read more