Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    21,180 steps later

    May 26, 2017 in Scotland ⋅ 🌙 19 °C

    Last night we ended up just staying in, making pesto (which was pretty nasty) and going back to bed so we could make the best of today.... and that we did.

    Woke up and made the breakfasted champions: oatmeal, yogurt and tea.

    We caught the metro into the west end. We decided to start with the University of Glasgow aka Hogwarts. Little did I know that Hogwarts was based off of U of Glasgow .... or maybe U of Glasgow was based on Hogwarts 🤔😉 Consider transferring there until I googled the tuition price for nursing school.... a whopping 13000£ a year... that dream was crushed fairly quickly.

    We then walked to Kelvingrove Park where we looked around a little bit.

    We went to the botanical gardens where we sat and ate our homemade peanut butter and banana sandwiches for lunch (for those who don't know, thats basically all we ate on my last euro trip.. I had to bring them back). We sat on the grass with all the other Scots enjoying the beautiful 28 degree weather. We walked around the greenhouses enjoying the LOVELY smells of the flowers until we decided to go find the Glasgow cathedral.. we initially found a church that we thought was it but turns out we were on the wrong side of the city ... oops

    Back on the subway (SQUEAKY AF).

    We got off & guess what walked some more.

    Found the Glasgow Cathedral and let me tell you... it was worth the walk. Simply stunning. We went inside and lit a candle for Auntie Karen & sat in the pews watching a woman & her ring bearer & flower girl practice for their wedding.

    Leaving the cathedral we found the Glasgow Necropolis. The view from the top was a panorama of the city... pictures will never do it justice.

    Back to city centre to see "the lighthouse" which is a Centre for Design and Architecture and designed by Charles Rennie Mackintosh. In the Mackintosh tower there was helical staircase that lead to the uninterrupted view of the Glasgow skyline. (So many nice pictures already)

    We walked around some more (obviously) until we stumbled upon this cute Mexican restaurant that we ate dinner at. I had a Long Island ice tea and kaylee had a Miami vice.. perfect after walking in the hot sun all day. We asked the waitress if it's normally this hot out, she responded by saying "no this is mental" hahah she also told us to tell people back home that "Scotland is warm and sunny... no one will believe you" (apparently the rest of the week, Scotlands weather will be back... raining and cloudy wohooo)

    After dinner, we went back to the west end to get some icecream (YAYYYYY). As we're sitting there, I logged on to see if my teachers had posted my final grade yet..... turns out that I OFFICIALLY passed nursing (I'll also be starting as a nurse the day after I get back from Europe... the jetlag hurts already)

    We got back to the airbnb now where we showered and started packing for our 3 day trip up to the isle of skye.

    Look out for more pictures & more blog posts coming your way soon enough ☺️
    Read more