Satellite
  • Day 18

    Napz for dayz

    June 10, 2017 in Sweden ⋅ ⛅ 11 °C

    This morning we put our luggage in a locker and we're out to see the city. We couldn't check into the hotel until 3pm ... it was current 5:20am. We found a place to get breakfast then we waited around for the tourist information booth to open. We bought a 24hour day pass for the bus and metro.

    We went to island Gamla Stan which is also called Old Town. It had the most tourist attractions. We started with the Royal Palace. It was closed until 10 am but it was 25$ Canadian to get in & we didn't think it was worth it. So we enjoyed the beautiful outside instead. The offices of the King, the other members of the Swedish Royal Family, and the offices of the Royal Court of Sweden are located here. The interior of the palace consists of 1,430 rooms of which 660 have windows. The palace contains apartments for the Royal families, representation and festivities such as the State Apartments, the Guest Apartments and the Bernadotte Apartments.

    There was the Royal Armoury museum, it wasn't opened until 11 but we decided we were going to come back and do that one (it was free hehe).

    We went walking on the inner streets of Gamla Stan & we went into parliament. We had to go through tons of security to go up. We went 3 stories up until they turned us away because they were done for the day. Weren't sure why they let us in in the first place. We walked down some more streets and found the St. Nicholas cathedral. It was beautiful inside... also had free bathrooms. Wohoooo.

    We also saw city hall, the opera house, ministers house and the dance museum.

    We were just walking down the streets and there were tons of police on horses parading around the city with people playing instruments. We asked security what was going on (before we knew), & they told us it was the military & they just sometimes parade around town like that. They seemed kind of annoyed by them haha.

    We walked back to the palace & we got to see the royal apartments and the chapel. Both gorgeous and I could just imagine what the inside would look like.

    We back around to the royal armoury museum & went inside. It contains many artifacts of Swedish military history and Swedish royalty. There were about 7 carriages that they used to ride in the 1600s. The amount of details on each carriage was incredible.

    We walked back to central station through the streets of Stockholm. We got our bags and went to go check into our hotel. We got there, checked in, showered & took the best nap in the history of naps. It felt so amazing especially after our long night in the bus.

    We woke up & went back to city centre for dinner. Oh yeah..... I lost my freaking pass I bought in the morning so I had to buy a new one.. so annoying haha (Kaylee did the same in Copenhagen) I think were getting too tired to think straight haha. We tried so hard to find salad but it was all so expensive. We ended up getting mcdos lol (i just want real food) I did get a CHICKEN BIG MAC. It was so good. Worth it haha.

    We're back at the hotel and just chilling & watching TV.

    On to more adventures tomorrow. ☺️
    Read more