Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 8

    Melmoth Wedding

    April 14, 2017 in South Africa ⋅ ⛅ 14 °C

    Dustin's younger brother (Brad) proposed to his girlfriend (Tam) last summer in Guernsey and we celebrated with drinks at Hook with the family. So it was quite fitting that the day after our engagement we were meeting up with them too ❤️ everyone was so lovely and excited for us asking to see the ring and hear the proposal story.

    The drive from Nambiti to Melmoth took about 3 hours, the first part was lovely sunshine and Dustin completed this. Wanting to try out driving in another country Bailey took over after a pit stop, the weather turned and we were in torrential rain and fog for the next part of the journey. Melmoth is a beautiful setting up in the mountains, although when we arrived we couldn't see much of this due to the weather. Having packed for three months travelling in south east Asia neither of us was prepared for just how cold it would be! Fortunately the next day was clear and blue skies, the venue had been rebuilt in 9 months due to a fire and they had even completed a church for the nuptials to take place in. Tam looked absolutely stunning and it was really special to be part of their day, a South African wedding seemed very similar to a UK one lots of good food, drinks, speeches and dancing.
    Read more