Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Double Island Point: Dolphin Kayaking

    March 2, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    What a ripper afternoon! We got picked up from the J Junction in Noosa and hopped on the bus, driving 80 minutes or so through jungle, mangroves, along the beach, you name it, we drove through it. The noosa national park you have to get to by ferry, and it has 6 different forestry ecosystem types in one area. The huge sand dune mountains along the beach are apparently the oldest in the world!

    We also went up and had a look at the rainbow beach dunes, apparently there are 72 different shades of sand there, they were very pretty! Then we got a kayaking lesson, and went kayaking into a lagoon that over time grew to join the ocean. We raced crabs on the shoreline as thousands rang around. Some other folks saw turtles. I saw some tiny stingrays. It took a bit for Michael and I to sync up, but we got the gist of it after a bit and we're flying faster than everyone.

    The highlight was the dolphin that our guide found. Well, Michael put the pedal to the medal and we flew over. We got over and managed to line up with the dolphins swim line, and it went right underneath us mere CM below our kayak, popping up the other side by the other kayak. I was so excited!!! Made it all worth it.

    We had an awesome guide as well, he was very funny and told us all about the areas we were driving through cracking some great jokes. A ripper time to a really unique place that not many people get to experience as its so difficult of a location to get to!
    Read more