Satellite
  • Day 3

    Eumundi Markets

    March 3, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌧 25 °C

    It is a big rainy one today! We took a punt and headed into Eumundi Markets anyway to see how we go. Luckily the rain was holding off as we arrived and we only got pockets of rain. We had one intention when coming here, and that was for market food!!! Market food is awesome. You get small portions of a huge range of cuisines, so you can buy a bunch of different things to share and not actually eat too much!

    On our menu today was dim sum, garlic and ginger beef jerky, fudge (Irish creme, chocolate, Russian caramel and cookies and cream), salt and pepper calamari, Kombucha (leafy greens flavour, Kokoda lime and mint flavour), dutch pancakes with maple syrup, homemade berry compote and ice cream, a potato stick, Japanese gyozas and a banana cinnamon smoothie! Everything is delicious!

    Need to shout out the calamari stand for its to die for lemon and garlic mayonnaise. Everyone knows that I DETEST mayo. But this was divine, unlike any mayo I've ever had. I asked the chef the secret, he was a Brit and he gave me some clues. First up, mix water with flax seed flour. No eggs. Whisked up, then add a bit of apple cider vinegar. The rest he said was a trade secret but that's enough to get me snooping on the internet. Also said Hellman's mayo at Coles is the Brit expats Aussie secret because Aussie mayo sucks Ha!

    Then we headed up to another tiny market accross the road for a breather and it BUCKETED. Luckily we had Cozy chairs to relax in and watch it pour. It's actually lovely, so long as you aren't stuck in it haha!
    Read more