Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Kondalilla Falls, Flaxton

    March 4, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    After spending an extra hour at Mooloolaba to shop at this really Beautiful and unique dress shop called Treasure Hunt (it had one of a kind items, vintage items, and local QLD designers items and was just gorgeous), we wound our way up to Kondalilla Falls as the forecast said the rains would be done by 4pm. The drive up was full of twists and turns, and very eerie and mystical in spots due to the low cloud cover and mist.

    The full track is around 5kms or so, on very narrow paths with a lot of stairs down and back up. It was very lush, reminding me of Tarra Bulga national park back home. The rain made it extra cool, and made everything even greener. We wandered down to the Kondalilla fall lookout at the waterfall. As we have had 2 days of pumping rain, it was nice and full! The fall is 80m tall, and we walked down to the base and over a bunch of rocks to reach the pool at the bottom. It was stunning but hard work as we had slippage and rain to deal with, but definately worth the extra effort. If it wasn't so slippery and full, we would have gone for a swim!

    Then, as we were just finishing up our rock climb back to the path, it BUCKETED rain. We got drenched! Had to walk the 3km back up to the rock pools at lightnight pace, through mud, rock and stone. It was hectic. Luckily my backpack really did it's weight in gold and held all the water without leaking inside to the goodies. It was hectic and tough and we came out of it drenched in water and sweat.

    As we got back to the rock pools, it stopped raining, and we got to have a look at the Beautiful swimming hole up the top of the main waterfall, which was full of rain and the baby waterfall into it was flowing with gusto. We made the decision not to swim as it can get a bit hectic when there's lots of water and it's slippery, but we enjoyed it none the less. On the way back we even spotted a wild wallaby, which froze us and it in our respective tracks to suss each other out before bolting off.

    Overall, a wonderful way to end the day with a sense of achievement, and knowing we had worked off the burgers at lunch in the process 😂😂😂
    Read more