Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    The Famous Golden Hand Bridge

    March 4 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    To get back down from Sunworld, you can go via a lower level by getting a cable car to the lower level, and there's a bunch of gardens and viewpoints. But the big drawing card that everyone goes on about on social media is the golden hands bridge. Many people only come here just for this bridge.

    Michael took one look at the bridge, which hangs over the mountains with a massive view below, and said get stuffed hahahaha. I took a look at all the tourists on the bridge trying to take selfies and said get stuffed hahahaha. Either way, the golden hands bridge was not perused.

    However! When we went to find a place for Michael to sit down for a bit, we discovered an area opposite the bridge that had a direct view of it without the crazy tourists. So we quickly grabbed some snaps, called it a day, and got the cable car back to the bottom.

    Viet, our tour driver, was waiting for us at the bottom (he napped for 4 hours whilst we were at Sunworld) and we jumped back on the bikes for the hour long trek home. The venture between Ba Na Hills and Da Nang was gorgeous, with the rolling mountainscape and a cool breeze. Then we hit peak hour in Da Nang, and all chaos broke loose. I've been on the back of bikes in India which I call the land of chaos, and this was another level. It was like being in Ho Chi Minh. Crazy! I didn't film the worst of it but you can get a bit of a gist- imagine double the amount of bikes in places! Hectic! Alas, we made it back to our hotel safe and sound.

    Super happy we changed up our plans and got Viet our easy rider back for the day.
    Read more