Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Lan Ha Bay, Out at Sea!

    March 7 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We arrived at the Cat Ba Port and hopped on our little private boat. There is something mythical about this place. Especially given that the grey mist will be lingering all day, and is enshrouding the limestone mountains. You can see where the mountains have eroded, which creates unique shapes and designs. Michael is especially happy that the sun will not be burning him to bits, and he can enjoy the outdoor activities without having his energy drained.

    I'll do separate posts for our kayaking and cycling, as there are so many photos and fun things to talk about! We started the day with time on the boat, then went kayaking through the mountains, then went island hopping and cycling into a tiny rural village on one of the islands, then had lunch, then went out for a swim amongst the mountains, and then a scenic boat ride for 90 mins back to the port. It's been a very active, yet relaxing day!!!

    Lunch was delish. Our boat driver bought it from the floating market whilst we were cycling. We had fresh fish, squid, shrimps, tofu, sweet potato chips, salad, and spring rolls. All the seafood was yummy. Michael enjoyed the tofu, and I enjoyed the sweet potato! The spring rolls were stars. 2nd best of the trip!!!!

    I'm really glad that we've chosen a private tour. Our guide David knows where to take us that gets us away from the crowds, whilst still showing us all the major things we should see!
    Read more