Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 15

    A taste of simple rural life.

    March 9 in Vietnam ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    After exploring the farming area and doing some farming myself (seperate step and pics to come later) on the bicycles, we got back to the family house to do some cooking. We learnt about how to make traditional spring rolls, and did the filling of the rice paper ourselves. Then we helped fry them and do a basic chicken and mushroom dish. The family explained the different condiments and ways to each the spring rolls, so when lunch rolled around we had so much to eat! My pics only show half the quantities of what we actually had. It was good fun and tasted great!

    After lunch Michael had a relax in a hammock, and I zenned out in their super fancy massage chair. This thing was sublime. I'm going to google it and see how much it costs because it does your feet, full back, neck and head, and squeezes your arms and legs. Soooooo good!

    We then went for another cycle around the town, greeting many citizens and watching them go about day to day life. We stopped by a war vets house who was a gardening specialist. He had over 100 varieties of orchards, and some of the plants were extremely rare and expensive. We sat and had tea with him as he explained some history and info on his various plants and how he makes a living.

    Overall, it was a lovely day of quiet and simple things.
    Read more