Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    June

    June 12, 2018 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 25 °C

    Thank you guys for the lovely birthday wishes! I spent some wonderful days in Miami with my flatmate and coworker Florin.
    The weather forecast looked horrible before we took of from Newark. But since it was my birthday wish, we were lucky and had much better weather than expected. We stayed at an amazing Hostel called Freehand. I can highly recommend it. On the first day we stayed at South Beach and discovered its beauty. The whole Ocean Drive and the Nikki Beach are exactly they way you picture Miami from the movies. There are plenty of fancy cars, summer sound on full volume and all the old hotels that sparkle in the sun. In the evening we started the night with a drink at the very high frequented bar in our hostel called Broken Shaker. After that we took off and had a delicious meal and headed to the party street where we found a nice outdoor club.
    At 12am we celebrated into my birthday. We had a blast!
    The next morning we went to the beach and after that we discovered Wynwood (a hipster area with lots of streetart) and little Havana where we felt as if we would be in Cuba.
    In the evening we went to a famous italian restaurant that Hana recommended us. They served their well known Spaghetti out of a Parmesan wheel. Moreover the Pasta is homemade and you can watch the chef freshly doing it during the evening.
    On Monday, our last day we could not resist but to try out the new fancy way to drive around in the city. There are battery loaded Trottinetts called "birds" all over the city. With their own app you can unlock the bird and off you go. The cool thing is you can leave it wherever you want to - just make sure to hit the button "lock" in the app. This is how we drove around for about 45 minutes for only 8 dollars.
    It was lots of fun but also really American - just standing on the bird and not doing any movement but just clicking on the speed button.
    Of course we also spent some time at the beach again and at the pool in our hostel.
    Now we are back in NYC and back at work as of tomorrow.
    Happy Tuesday everyone!
    Cheers,
    Nina
    Read more