Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Walk to Pedra Furada

    September 21, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☁️ 19 °C

    We got back from dinner and Lynn noticed that the bathroom door was closed, and the undies which we had hanging on a line weren't there. Not long afterwards a woman knocked on the door and said that she'd moved the undies to a clothesline, and that someone was sleeping in the unit next door, which had a locked door off the kitchen (well that's what we thought she said, speaking Portuguese 🤔). Just after going to bed we heard someone opening the door with a key, and a couple who'd been at the restaurant walked in! Turns out we just had one of the two rooms, not the whole unit.
    Anyway, next morning was cool and overcast, but we just missed the overnight rain. The walk cut across from the Coastal route through to the Central route and was a nice walk once we got through the outskirts of town, through mainly cornfields and Eucalypt forests. We chatted with a Dutch woman for the last few km's to Arcos, where we had lunch.
    We got to Casa de Maria around 3:30. The bedroom was huge, and we chatted to and then had dinner with the two other peregrinos, Christopher from Liverpool and Susana from East Germany. Dinner was good and we met the owner, Antonio, who features in the Brierley guide.
    We were thinking of walking 31km tomorrow, but decided to do two short days instead.
    Read more