Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 14

    Day 14. Walk to Pont de Lima

    September 24, 2023 in Portugal ⋅ ☀️ 18 °C

    Had a pretty good sleep in the 10 bed albergue, although we were right next to the bathroom, with thin walls 😳. Had a nice breakfast then began walking at around 8. It was another beautiful day for walking, with hardly a cloud in the sky. It was also probably the nicest day walking so far, and we kept passing and chatting to people from the night before, so the morning went pretty quickly and we arrived at Pont de Lima at around 1pm, not realising that the albergue didn't open until 3. So we placed our packs in line against the wall and went back over the bridge into the old town.
    We had a look around and had lunch then headed back a bit before 3. I counted around 25 backpacks lined up by then. We were 4th and 5th in line so got beds 4 and 5. Unfortunately the room they filled up first was the worst of 3, the others having balconies and nice views, and ours more like a big loft. Lying in bed now and it's hot and stuffy, for some reason most Europeans don't seem to like sleeping with a door or window open.
    We went back into town and went to the 7 o'clock Mass, which was obviously in Portuguese, but the priest gave a very nice pilgrims' blessing afterwards. We then had dinner at a restaurant and chatted to a pommie fella Jules, who's in our dorm.
    Off to Rubiaes tomorrow.
    Read more