Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 18

    Porrino to Redondela

    September 28, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 20 °C

    Got off to another early start for the 18k or so to Redondela. Nothing much out of the ordinary, a bit of groundhog day... get up early, start walking, stop for coffee and something to eat, walk a bit more, maybe stop for something else to eat, look for the albergue, check in, have a shower, then have a look around town, and usually have a chat to some of the people we have met. Spain seems to have more of a siesta than Portugal, and most shops close at 2:30 until 4:30, so you have to eat early or late. We noticed last night that a lot of people seem to have a big meal for lunch, and something smaller for dinner. So today we changed it up and decided to have the menu del day for lunch, which was entree, main, drink, coffee and bread for 12€. Then went to a couple of bars across the street from the albergue and had some wine and tapas for dinner. Seemed to work pretty well. People just sit around chatting having a wine, beer or coffee and something small to eat. Then at around 9:30 it all quietens down again.
    The Scottish lads are in our albergue tonight, so Lynn has been having a good chat with them.
    Tomorrow we're off to Pontevedra, where the two routes seperate, so it will be the last time we will see a lot of the people we have met.
    Read more