Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Sea Day on the way to Coata Rica

    December 31, 2023, North Pacific Ocean ⋅ ☁️ 28 °C

    New Years Eve Reflections - 2023, was marked by lovely family moments, including us welcoming Indra in early January in Boulder, after the joyous arrival of our 2nd grandson, on the 27th of December. We were able to take the 4 grand daughters to Jordanelle Reservoir to trailer, and tent camping, for another cousin Park City Sailing camp adventure, and on a boat camping trip to Lake Powell on Panacea and Foxy, which were memorable experiences. We shared such special moments with our four granddaughters – Jaya, Priya, Silvia, and Lilah, and had a summer visit from Josh and Becca, and Jatasya and Indra in Sandy. We took our 4 darling grand daughters to the Dinosaur Quarry in Vernal, Utah, and to Steamboat Springs (Old Town Hot Springs) and Boulder, Colorado. Rich met us and continued on with Lilah and Silvia to visit Grandma Hansen and family in Minnesota while Heather had to work. The year was marked with a combination of family, and outdoor adventures which created cherished memories with family.

    The year 2023, was prominent for Candice and Dan’s Eventful Colorado River float, a new puppy (Lavi), a (Candice) broken leg/surgery, old knees and feet. Heather’s newer job with PP continued to be remarkable. Rich continues to work on others and his own home projects. An additional major milestone, 4 years in the planning, we embarked on a Viking Neptune world cruise Dec. 23rd from Fort Lauderdale’s Everglades Port. This World Cruise represents and begins an exciting journey filled with exploration, new acquaintances, friends, new hopefully safe, peaceful country examinations, and discoveries. However, the global landscape in 2023 has brought many moments of concern, notably about the future of a democratic America, following the next election, And the questionable judgment and leadership of Israel’s ever expanding war with Hamas. Despite the traumatic/stress/aging orthopedic mobility challenges, our year has been a mix of familial joy, adventurous escapades, and an awareness of the world's interconnectedness and how ongoing political events/wars affect the peace and safety of us all.
    Read more