Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

    January 6 in Mexico ⋅ ☁️ 16 °C

    Located at the tip of the 775 mile Baja Peninsula, where the Pacific meets the Sea of Cortez, Cabo is picturesque coast, with resorts, scuba diving, fishing and a busy town center, and harbor with spectacular beaches and the recognizable rock formations. As we know, the more sleepy San Jose del Cabo, which is a charming small Mexican town with the lovely town square, church and quaint atmosphere surrounded by the traditional adobe homes. The authentic Spanish Mission and city were founded in 1730 where galleons were replenished to make their way onto the Philippines. This is a lovely, Cabo Port day, great weather, and we will be taking the Cactus Tour - with our individual 4 x 4’s in the desert and along the beach. They didn’t allow us to take pictures or to take anything with us, and we didn’t buy the $80.00 thumb drive of the whole groups trip. - Who signed up for this excursion? Some people are happier about this adventure, than others… it was fun and we returned in one piece. They provided tacos for lunch (which they said, were gluten free) at the modern camel and ATV tour facility. Papa wants to do the camel’s next time. We returned to Cabo via bus and walked around for a time in the shopping plaza along the harbor, before returning to the ship.
    We had another Medical Emergency this morning, not sure of the details yet. We had dinner with multiple time World Cruisers - Roger and Janet (Seattle by way of Henderson, NV) who were also on the Magical Mystery cruise (2020) with us, and watched a movie before bed… Viking Mars was also in Cabo. Dale, Candyce’s husband, caught a large fish on his adventure.
    Read more